Ghostface Talks New Wu-Tang Album, "It Feels Good to Be Around My Brothers Again"



In a recent interview on Funkmaster Flex's Hot 97 radio show, Ghostface Killah briefly discussed his Wu-Tang brethren and their the upcoming album, 8 Diagrams.


"We were in the studio last night, we laid it down," Ghostface divulged. "We about to go to Europe next week for three weeks and then come back to do Rock The Bells with Rage Against The Machine, Public Enemy and Nas. It feels good to be around my brothers again and just try to put that work in."


During the Q&A, the self proclaimed "Wally Champ" also revealed that he will release a solo album after the group's project drops."I stay working though, I got my other pizza pie, it's almost finished," he said referring to his forthcoming solo album. "I like to keep dropping them. It might be the Clan joint first and then I'll just go ahead and put my joint out. Ain't any time to waste, I don't want to speak too much on it but its heavy though."


Wu-Tang Clan signed with Rifkind's SRC Records this past December. The group, who gained prominence in the early 90's via Rifkind's now-defunct Loud Records, have not released a group album since 2001's Iron Flag.


During their six-year hiatus, all nine members of the group have released solo albums. The group's most eccentric member, ODB (born Russell Tyrone Jones), died in 2004 from an accidental drug overdose while recording his third solo project.


A release date for 8 Diagrams has yet to be determined.

No comments: